Who Qualifies?

oil_crab.jpgYou don’t have to be a commercial fisherman, seafood processor or hospitality business to qualify for funds from the BP oil spill settlement.

Any business that suffered economic loss or property damage related to the spill and its aftermath can file a claim asking for compensation.

Examples of businesses that might be eligible to claim a portion of the Deepwater Horizon settlement fund include, but are not limited to:

  • Service businesses operating in the Gulf Coast area.
  • Businesses that sold products to either individuals or other businesses in the affected area.
  • Owners of property that was damaged as a result of the oil spill.
  • Sellers of real estate in specific areas who suffered a decrease in price as a result of the spill.
  • Businesses that failed as a result of the spill.
  • New, start-up businesses that suffered economic losses.
  • Businesses that owned, operated or leased a facility in the Gulf and sold products to consumers in the area.
  • Anyone who owned, operated or leased a vessel that was home-ported in the areas affected by the BP oil spill.

In short, any business or individual who suffered economic loss as a result of the Deepwater Horizon spill can file a claim under the BP settlement agreement. The professionals at Richard Buller CPA Services have studied the agreement thoroughly and can help you determine whether you qualify for compensation and guide you through the claims process.

Call 504-324-8584 for an appointment and we’ll get your claim underway.